1. The SFMS has detected and frozen criminal proceeds related to former high-ranking officials in the amount of USD 1.5 billion .
These funds were subsequently confiscated into the State’s income. This is the most successful case in the history of Ukrainian independence.
2. The SFMS investigation was recognized the best in the world among the financial intelligence units of the world .
According to the voting results of financial intelligence units of 150 countries of the world, the SFMS received “The Best Egmont Case Award” (BECA). The award concerned the SFMS investigation regarding USD 1.5 billion, that were confiscated in 2017.
3. Ukraine has been successfully undertaken the MONEYVAL 5th round mutual evaluation.
It is confirmed that the AML/CFT system is effective and efficient. The evaluation process was fully accompanied by the SFMS [2016-2018].
According to the MONEYVAL conclusions, the activity of the SFMS, as a financial intelligence unit, was rated as substantial level of effectiveness.
1. The SFMS has formed 3 663 case referrals for a total amount of UAH 790 billion 870 million [March, 2014 - I quarter 2019].
Referrals have been transferred to law enforcement and intelligence authorities for investigations.
2. The SFMS won the competition on the basis of the pilot program “EU Association Lab” .
The SFMS has elaborated the Concept of the mechanism for verification ultimate beneficial owners (UBO) named «100%RELIABLE» and got a premium “The Most Innovative Solution”.
3. The SFMS has successfully carried out the National Risk Assessment .
This is the first AML/CFT National Risk Assessment that was carried out in Ukraine. The report on the results of the assessment is highly appreciated by the international partners.
4. The Academy of Financial Monitoring in the SFMS operates which provided professional development to 8,072 specialists [March 2014 – І quarter 2019].
The Academy of Financial Monitoring, acting under the SFMS management, as an institution of postgraduate education, provides the professional development of specialists in the financial monitoring area.
Press Service of the SFMS